What's your purpose in life?

Hey You,

It's currently 5:53pm as I'm sitting in my little server station, behind our black curtain, patiently waiting for customers to come in. Today has been on the chilly side. Therefore, when it's cold out, not many sushi eaters stop by. If you aren't aware by now, I'm a server. Well, technically, I do almost everything here since it's my family's sushi restaurant. Does that surprise you that I'm a server? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Regardless, I'm not ashamed of who I am. I work for and with my family.

Currently, it is now 3:46pm as I'm eating a spicy tuna, sitting, once again, in my little server station. Yesterday, as I was trying to write this blog, we had some customers who came in. Ever since then, we were busy all the way until 11pm at night. I meant to come back to write. However, the moment I got home and ate, I was pooped.

Have you ever questioned your life? Like, actually think hard and why you were put here on this Earth? It's crazy to think about sometimes. In some religions, some may say God created everything and put us here. Others will say science is the reason for everything, in regards to the Big Bang Theory. It blows my mind at times to think about how there's other planets in the world, along with possible life forces.

When I was spending my young intro-adult years, is what I like to call it, trying to find out who or what I was supposed to be and meant to do, there was a lot of questioning often times. It took me long enough to find out that my sole purpose wasn't to find a job. I was so blindly distracted with paying bills all the time that it took whole of me. I'm pretty sure there's many others who may feel this weight weighing down on their shoulders. If you were like me, graduated high school and didn't know what to do with your young life, then you probably also went through a stage of doubt and discouragement. While everyone around me were joining fraternities and sororities, I was still questioning myself what in the world that even was. You've seen the movies, you've watched your friends join them, and now you don't even know why or what for.

Honestly, I've always thought college was a waste. I see so many people go to school to major in a subject/field that they're unsure about. What's the reason? I say peer pressure but also lack of knowledge. So many kids are taught to go to school, make good grades, graduate, and find a good job/career. You see, school teaches kids to be workers and employers. It doesn't teach you to be a CEO or an owner. This is why a huge fraction of students struggle with their lives once they get out of school because they have no clue what to do or where to go. If you are set on being a lawyer, a doctor, a chef... any "stable" career choice, then yes, college may do you good. However, even then so, you're still stuck with thousands of student loan debt once you finish.

Have you ever wondered who you would be if you were deserted in the jungle or on a stranded island? Take away the phones, take away your job title, take away your apartment, and take away all of your responsibilities. Who are you actually? Would you even know? Could you even answer that question?

These were the thoughts that took over my brain and filled my head with so many questions. You want to know what I think your purpose in life is? It's to be happy. Genuinely, truly happy. How can you do this? By finding who you are. Take into account everything that has happened and use that as a fuel to boost your stamina up. You have to find the things you like, love, and hate. See what you're good at then try to find what you're amazing at.

We spend so much of our time on friends and work that we forget who we are. We tend to wake up and repeat the same schedule. We tend to live our lives waiting for the next day to come. We get excited when the weekend is here because that's when we will be able to relax, or party. Life is what you make of it. Time you can control is. You have the power to make time. If something isn't working for you, change it. If all you do is watch Netflix series on the weekend when you could be learning a new skill or task, then don't complain about not having enough time.

Don't get side tracked with a job. Have you watched the latest Winnie the Pooh movie called Christopher Robin? If you haven't, you definitely should. That movie is a prime example of life in itself and how time will change us. In a nutshell, when we're younger, we're surrounded by friends and family who love us. As we grow older, we may meet a significant other whom we may fall in love with. Over time, the need to support a family will make us work more and feel like work is all we have. We start to choose work over our important choices in life. Due to stress, even who we are as a person changes. We become angry and mean. We lose confidence in who we are and think others empower us just because of a job title. We think negatively about life and make the wrong choices. Due to the choices we make, we may lose what is important to us. However, through it all, the moment we hit rock bottom, that is when we will come back to our old selves. We have to remember that our loved ones will always be here for us, through thick and thin. In the end, sometimes all it takes is a little love and soul searching. Often times, it may be the road we choose to take that will leads us back to home. Home is where the heart is.

With love,

Me

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning of a Young Entrepreneur

The Truth About Me