Loving Yourself

Hey you,

Have you ever wondered why life was so hard some times? Like, why this certain thing just had to happen right now of all moments.You know, I always think everything happens for a reason.

Loving yourself is one of the hardest things to do. Why? Because we are our own enemy. All along our journey in life, we listen to self-doubt and our own thoughts. What many of us do not realize is the fact that we are our own thoughts. We have the power to change our mind, our thinking, and our lives.

When I was 12, I remember my aunt telling me "Rosanna, always remember to stay true to yourself. Love yourself and nurture your soul." Hmmm, but what did that really mean? I do love myself. I take care of how I look, I buy myself nice things... right? I was wrong. Loving yourself is a journey from within and it takes time to realize. There are many things you can do to love yourself such as working out, meditating, reading a book, etc. Often times in life, we get so caught up in the real world that we forget we have our own little mini world inside our heads. With balancing work, friends, and family, we tend to forget about ourselves.

Sometimes, being selfish is actually a good thing. Its 6:12am currently and we're
running on only four hours of sleep. However, I feel amazing. You see, it's your mentality that needs to be awakened. Many of us listen to "study shows that" blah blah blah nonsense. It doesn't matter if you get eight hours or 12 hours of sleep, you still end up feeling tired and exhausted if you think you are.

As I'm growing older, there are many things that I am slowly starting to figure out. Self-love, self motivation, law of attraction, gratitude, positivity, etc. These small little things may seem ridiculous at first but soon enough, it will all take its course and fit into the places that fits the puzzle.

Part of loving yourself means to take the time to understand yourself a little more and get to know your worth. "Know your worth" was something that took me years to understand. I get it now. As a women, you have to respect your body and be kind to your soul. Make wise and smart choices that will not affect your future. Make mistakes but do not let it cost you an arm or a leg. Take the time to find out what you love and what you are good at. Once you do, take the time to become great.

For a while I felt like I lost myself. I wasn't sure why or what caused it but I found the way back to myself. I realized I was hurting my soul and inner self. I was disrespecting my body and felt ashamed of myself. The first step to loving yourself is knowing your problems and forgiving yourself of everything you have ever done.

When I was at my lowest, I thought turning to God and going to church would help. I put my faith into the hands of the Almighty and waited for great things to happen. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Mathew 7:7". I starting asking questions to my life and myself. I started seeking the change I wanted to see and soon enough, I found the path I was looking for. I started listening to self-help videos that would motivate me enough. I cut out the toxic peoples in my life that were only holding me back. I started working out and waking up early. I started being grateful for every little thing around me. I started looking at things in a positive way instead of being negative all the time. My life started to change because I started to change. I used to think that if i just keep waiting, soon enough, something good is bound to happen. No. That is not how it works. If you want to change, you have to be the change. "The major key to your own success is you. - Jim Rohn."

The saddest part in life is learning that the ones you hold dearly to your heart the most will always be the ones to hold you back. Friends and family will always have negative things to say and opinions they want you to hear. Often times, we look to others for advice or recommendations. We never think to ourselves that our own thoughts and opinions matter. Just know that in life, you do not have to prove anything to anyone. Do not waste your time getting caught up in a messy game of wanting to feel like you are worth something to someone because you already mean everything if you just learn to love yourself and listen to your heart.

Just because you have been friends with someone for five years does not mean you have to always be their friend. If all they do is spend your money, waste your time, and invite you to party, they are not worth to have around. Friends come and go in life. If you choose wisely, you could find a few who will only benefit you and push you to do your best. I used to think the amount of friends meant more than the quality of a friendship. Now as I am getting older, I realize that the amount of friends is just a number and it is trash. What matters the most is how well you can get to know someone and help each other grow. It is okay to cut ties with friends. You will make new ones. Do not be afraid to let go and move on.

Time is something you will never get back. You have to make your choices wisely. Would you rather spend your weekends partying your life away and not remember the night before? Or would you rather be at home with your significant other or family, watching a movie; spending quality time together. When you only have 24 hours in a day, and you work for eight hours of it while sleeping for another seven-eight, you actually only have less than eight hours to yourself. Take the time to read a book and further your knowledge. People often think money is the way to get rich, but in fact, it is knowledge that is the true power to create wealth and success.

Learn to be a better you a little more each and every single day. Ask yourself, "What can I do different today than what I did yesterday?". There are days where I realize I am in a negative state of mind of saying "I can't do this.. I can't do that", "I'm tired", "I give up", and the list will go on and on. Often times, we have a battle with ourselves and it is okay to feel like that. Never let it get to you too much or consume you. Control your thoughts and your thinking- because you have the power to change who you are. A wise man once said, "If you think you are poor, you will become poor. If you think you are rich, you will become rich." Thinking is everything.

Sincerely,

Me



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's your purpose in life?

The Beginning of a Young Entrepreneur

The Truth About Me