Living the American Dream .. or Should I Say "American Nightmare"

Hey You,

How is your morning today? I woke up late today- exhausted and could not get out of bed. I went to sleep at 1AM last night and was planning to wake up at either 5:30AM or 6:00AM. Obviously that did not happen. These blogs give me a sense of fun and purpose. The personal things I have to say, I like to right them into my journal. If I am too lazy to write, I would just type of a rant into my "notes" section of my phone.

I never really understood school as a kid. Like, why did we have to go? Why did we have to drive in the white lines of the road? Why do we have to watch a colored light to tell us when to go and when to stop? As I am getting older, I am starting to understand everything a little bit better. I now know that it is all for order.

The greatest thing about America is the fact that we have free public education that is provided by the government. We all have the freedom to do whatever we want, find what ever job we would like, and even sign up for healthcare. America is "Land of the free". However, at the same time of it sounding so great, it also has it's downside. You want to know what I find insane? They will allow an 18 year old to take out a $200,000 loan for college but they would not allow them to take out a loan for $30,000 to buy a house.

I used to think, "Man, if I could make it into a corporate company and travel everywhere while I have benefits from a company, that would be the dream!". I thought working a 9am-5pm job Monday through Friday with weekends off was living it up! Boy, was I wrong. Robert Kiyosaki talked about The Rat Race in on of his best selling books of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. You fall into an endless cycle of having told to go to school, make good grades, find a decent job that pays well, go to work, get into debt, and try to pay it off. I do not get it. Here people are, living in a place they all talk so highly about, yet, they spend 90% of their life working and the other 10% regretting the choices they make. It is so sad to hear people always say "I do not have enough time" or "I can not go because I already used up my vacation time". That is no dream, it is completely a nightmare!

Life is supposed to be about living, learning, and experiencing. A job is supposed to be just a temporary source to earn you money to buy you the things you want. However, we get stuck in an endless cycle of trying to pay bills and debt. Most do not understand this concept because their brain can not wrap around the fact the fact that they, themselves are capable of doing the very same thing their billionaire idol is doing.

I was not smart during my first year of college. I never understood any of it. What classes to take, why I was taking them, or even understanding credit hours. I took out two student loans as I listened to my aunt say, "Take it out and save it for a rainy day. If you do not use it. Then just pay it back". Really? You expect the 18 year old me to just save $10,000 in my bank account and expect me to not touch it. However, I feel lucky. Some students are in debt with hundreds of thousands of dollars from law school to medical school. Sure, their grades are great. But honey, your grades are not going to pay your bills for you out in the real world.

Well, it is 10:59AM. Time for me to get ready for work and head of to the amazing life of what everyone calls the American Dream. We will catch up very soon!

XoXo,

Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's your purpose in life?

The Beginning of a Young Entrepreneur

The Truth About Me