Feeling Lost - Quarter Life Crisis

Hey You,                                                                                                                          March 27, 2019

What have you been up to lately? Have you been doing the same thing these past few weeks? Has anything changed in your life? Anything new?

Lately, I've been feeling down- as if i'm lost. My life is great, don't get me wrong. I have my own little apartment, I got a new Mercedes, I make decent money, and a wonderful boyfriend- life is good. But yet, somehow, I still feel like something's missing. Lately, I’ve been a little deeper in my thoughts. Thinking to my life’s purpose and what else needs to be done. I have great things in my life yet, somehow, it’s not enough. I feel like I need to soul search. Meditate. Go to the temple. Look into Buddha or something beyond. I want a path of happiness.

Have you ever thought about dropping all responsibilities and just wanting to explore the world? I never get those people who are content with living in the rat race. How does one put up with it? How is one so comfortable to live in the same routine, with seeing the same group of people, working at the same job? I don't get it. I'm starting to ask myself a lot lately "then what?". Let's say I get what I want in life- to become a multi-millionaire, or having one million subscribers on YouTube, perhaps finishing school. Then what? Is life really all work and little play? Is life really just an endless cycle of living an economy of people who run around in this cycle? What else is out there? What brings you more happiness? Is it love? Is it family? Friends can only give you so much attention until it dies down. The moment you go home, and you're all alone in your thoughts, you're back to square one.

I'm forever grateful for everything I have in my life. I am always giving thanks and gratitude for the things I receive. Some may say I am ungrateful and should just live my life. However, what's the point of living if you are unhappy? When we are born, we are at our greatest level. We are worthy and powerful of achieving anything in life. As we get older, we allow thoughts, negativity, ideas, doubt, and all these other things cloud our way. We are the key to living a good life. To living the life we want.

I decided to start listening to Oprah Winfrey and I must admit that she is such an admirable, wise woman. She says that there are three steps to living an incredible life.

1. "Know who you are - Take control of your life
2. Serve - Service brings significance. You must find a way to serve. Marting Luther King said: "Not everybody can be famous, but everybody can be great, because greatness is determine by service" 3. Always do the right thing - Be excellent, let it be your brand. It's a choice. It makes you Unforgettable. It will follow you. We may doubt ourselves but we are rewarded with peace of integrity. Fill your cup up, surround yourself with people who fill you up so that your cup runneth over."

At the end of the day, we have a Creator far beyond our eyes can meet who put us all here for a reason. When you are able to understand who you are and know who you are, only then can you transform to your higher self. When you light up your life with pure love and joy, there will be many along the way who will want you to fall and crumble. Not everyone in your life will root for you and support you. You have to take the time to cut out those people and surround yourself with new ones. Ones that will bring you up higher each time and believe in you even when you don't. You have to be able to ask yourself "Who am I?" and be able to really know who you are.

I realized that my thoughts are just thoughts. There will be days where my thoughts will overflow my head and drown me in depression. However, if I just take the time to be mindful and aware of how I am feeling, I have the power to shift my thoughts and emotions another way. You are what you think you are. Let me say this again because not many people understand this. You ARE what you THINK you are. If you can take the time to relax. RELAX. Breathe. Don't expect too much. When you expect so much out of something or someone and what you expect isn't delivered, you will become more upset and frustrated. Relax and take things slow. When times get tough and you feel your emotions rising, let it pass and flow through you, but DO NOT let it consume you.

We call all be great if we choose to be great. Listen to your heart and follow your instincts. They are never wrong. If you feel as if nothing is improving in your life, change it. If you've changed consistently, take the time to wait it out and be patient. A wise man once said, "Life is like growing bamboo trees. You plant the seed and take the time to water it. Fertilize it. Care for it. Nurture it. For five years, nothing will happen. It's like you're just watering dirt. Then on the fifth year, the bamboo with break through the ground and grow 80 feet tall in just six weeks. It's just like your life. You may be doing something and not seeing the efforts of it. Nothing's changing. Nothing's happening. But trust me, deep down inside of you, something is changing. You are like the bamboo tree, digging your roots into the ground. So that when you rise, you will not fall."

Until next time,

Rose

P.S. - I believe in you. I do. I. BELIEVE. IN. YOU. You are great. You really are amazing. Keep doing what you are doing and soon, your time will come. Be patient. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's your purpose in life?

The Beginning of a Young Entrepreneur

The Truth About Me